Re: [CentOS] CentOS4.3: Upgrade Python for Zope&Plone

Ben:

The following gets everything but tkinter working with Python 2.4.3

But it's tkinter that I need (I had everything else working).

#0. You need the basics, eg. gcc, gcc-c++, vim-enhanced, wget etc.
There's some other stuff on this install, so if you still have
problems I can give you some more info.

Check!

#1. I installed yum packages in this order (and accepted the
dependencies). No doubt not all of these are needed, but I don't know
which ones are safe to avoid and I just need to get something up and
working to develop on ASAP.

zlib-devel
libjpeg-devel
freetype
freetype-devel
tcl
tcl-devel
tk
tk-devel

That was it! As soon as I installed tcl-devel and tk-devel, the setup.py script built tkinter for me! I'm up and running now.

Now I just need to figure out how to make an RPM out of this Python build...

Thanks,
Alfred