Re: [CentOS] How do you set the refresh frequency for the X server?

Bill:

Here is some information I have used as background.

    http://linuxconsole.sourceforge.net/fbdev/HOWTO/3.html

Thanks, there is some interesting information there. I did some more googling since my previous post, and I found some examples on how to *increase* the refresh frequency. However, in my case I want to set the refresh frequency to exactly 60 Hz. I think I also found that the refresh frequency (usually what you configure in Windows, i.e., 1024x768@75Hz) corresponds to the VertRefresh entry in the xorg.conf file. However, when I set that to 60 (instead of the monitor's 56.0 - 85.0 range), the problem didn't go away. I probably also have to adjust the HorizSync entry, but I don't know to what exactly.

Alfred