Re: [CentOS] SuperMicro X7DBE with CentOS4?

Is there any reason you're locked into Xeon/FB-DIMM? SuperMicro makes many rather nice Opteron boards, with good ol' DDR SDRAM. And there aren't many areas where Xeon outperforms Opteron these days, if any.

This is especially true in multi-processor setups. Intel uses an SMP setup with a single I/O controller for the memory which means that only 1 processor can be accessing memory at a time. AMD uses a NUMA architecture with a dedicated I/O controller for each processor.