[CentOS] RFI: Information for Centos 4 unsupported kernels

Hi,

this may sound stupid, but;
- I'd like to install unsupported x86/i386 smp kernel because I need some support (for eg. dual booting for r/w files for winXP) etc. I'm now using 4.3 latest smp kernel. (I've tested that x86 still runs better than x86_64 like I was told in January. Thanks for the advice.)

Questions:
Is there any documentation for how to install unsupported smp kernel so that'll be able to do normal updates (like I've been updating until now without features of unsupprted kernel) ? I've downloaded the kernel files (107), how should I install them (yes, I know how to install rpm files but; but for grub, for updating, for upgrading etc.) ? After updating kernel few times with normal updating processes there lies in grub many older kernel. Is there any process to delete them or do I have to do it manually ?

If this is too boring to others or outside the topics of this mailing list, please reply straightly to me.

For the CentOs Team many thanks of superb distro (used in many of our servers without any problems, and we'll have them more in near future).

Regards,
Kari

--
Kari Salovaara