Re: [CentOS] CentOS 4.3 under VMWare ESX 2.5.3 Server

Karanbir Singh wrote:
Adriano Viscarde wrote:
I have a  IBM XSeries 366 with 04 processors Intel Xeon 3.16 Ghz, 16 Gb
of memory and a storage IBM with 2 terabytes.
I work with virtualization and my OS in this machine is a VMware ESX
2.5.3 version. When I install CentOS 4.X as guest operating system under
ESX,  the performance is very  very bad. When I intsall RHES4 as guest
operating system under ESX, the performance is very good. It will be
that it has some problem CentOS to work with virtualization?

Can you provide some details on what tests you ran to determine the
performance ? even if its just a few simple things, I'd like to know so
we can see where the problem might be.

I'm running CentOS on vmware-server, not ESX, and have had no real
issues except the time loosing-sync, which is a vmware issue more than a
CentOS issue ( and there are a lot of fix's for it hanging around ).

- KB

Hi,

I've had some experience with RHEL4 & ESX 2.5.x

ESX 2.5.x does not really support kernel 2.6 very nicely ....but ESX 3.0 that just came out does it perfectly (or so does VMWare tell me:))

So ....either stay with CentOS3 or upgrade your ESX to 3.0 :O

Laters,
Finnur

believed to be clean.