Re: [CentOS] Cleaning Up My Process Table

If you want to collectively make it so that NFS and its counterparts do not start up at boot time, then use chkconfig nfs off. If you just want them to start at boot up and then you stop and start them on your own use service nfs start, and service nfs stop.

On 6/14/06, Brett Serkez <bserkez@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > 1) How can I collectively stop all the NFS, portmap, whatever? I'm hoping
> > it can be manipulated as a group because occationally I actually will
> > want to use NFS.

Try chkconfig --list

You can use: chkconfig --list | grep 3:on

to see what will start at boot.

Use: chkconfig <name> off

to inhibit what ever you want to start up and

/etc/init.d/<name> stop

to stop same interactively.

You'll need to experiment a bit, use man, to do some research to
figure out how to 'tune' a system.

Brett

Thx
Joshua Gimer