Re: [CentOS] Remaster CentOs Live CD

Johnny Hughes wrote:

Not completely ... there are also plenty of links to docs for
remastering the CentOS Live CD too :)

Yes.  And that has not gone unnoticed.

I apologize, again, for the "clicko" that sent my original response to this list instead of directly to the asker as originally intended.

CentOS has done an excellent job of not only replicating the upstream provider's distro, but adding value to it. I got a request from a Debian oriented colleague yesterday, stating that he had a client using RHEL4 who needed a later version of PHP. "It would be easy if this were Debian", he said. "But how can I do this in RHEL?" I pointed him at CentOSPlus. And then I thought... you know, if it hadn't been for CentOS, this would have been a more difficult problem with a messier solution. (I checked Dag first. Let's not forget Dag!) That's what reminded me of the "A rising tide lifts all boats" Szulik quote.

-Steve