Re: [CentOS] custom cd's

Michel wrote:

Looks interesting but i have the feeling it doesn't allow the end user
to make decisions like how to parition, keyboard layout etc...
I realy need this as i will have no idea about the configuration of the
box that will be used to install it on
Any part of the config that you do not specify defaults back to normal anaconda behavior. If you don't tell it how to partition, the user gets control.

However, what I do is autopartition and let the installer make the appropriate decisions based upon what it see's at install time. I make conservative (manual) assumptions about the monitor (1024x768.16 @ 60hz), etc.

My nontechnical users install on everything from creaky old 64mb HP Pavillions to brand spanking new Dell P4's with the same CD set and without ever having to answer a question, and they do it mostly without issue. The most common problem by far is flaky cdrom readers that don't read the CD or read it incorrectly. (And I don't care what people tell me about crc's and stuff. In my experience, cdrom readers will happily return invalid data without indicating an error.)

-Steve