RE: [CentOS] Simple backup program

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, Bowie Bailey wrote:

Paul Heinlein wrote:

Bacula (www.bacula.org) will do what you want, though wading through
the initial configuration process can take a couple hours. Tape
spanning is well supported; backups can be scheduled or initiated from
the command line; the cli restore process has an interface similar to
dump/restore, so it's fairly easy to navigate.

We use it to back up CentOS, Debian, Gentoo, and OS X to tape.

Will the el3 rpms work with CentOS4?  Which rpms do I need?

I've been rolling my own rpms, and they definitely aren't worthy of wider distribution. :-(

If you're willing to work with a slightly older Bacula release (1.36.x), I suspect Karanbir Singh's will work just fine. Just search for 'bacula' at centos.karan.org.

Otherwise, I'd download latest SRPM and rebuild it on your platform(s) of choice:

  http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/bacula/bacula-1.38.9-2.src.rpm?download

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein@xxxxxxxxxx <> www.madboa.com