[CentOS] Inherited an everything box

Hello Everyone:

I inherited a CentOS 4.x box that appears to have been installed with the everything installation option. I would like to strip the box down of all the unnecessary apps and streamline/secure it. Unfortunately, it is a production box and it would be quite inconvenient to burn down and rebuild. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this conveniently with yum and still leave the box in a production condition i.e. leave it's needed services up and running?

Thanks,
Ed