Re: [CentOS] PERL module woes

Karanbir Singh wrote:

Kurt Hansen wrote:
Jim Perrin wrote:

In fact, the quality of the perl-related rpms from Red Hat is
the main reason I'm not using RHEL and using CentOS
Your logic is confusing to me. It does not resemble what I would
consider to be rational thought.
Is this the kind of rhetoric that is acceptable on this list? There is
no value to your comment except to insult.

you are much confused, Kurt, as to what CentOS is and what packaging
policy with this distro is. I suggest you spend some time working that out.

this isnt a Gentoo derevative, and never will be either.

Oh, so I should use a defective version of mod_perl and a sub-optimal version of perl on my system to maintain the "packaging policy"? When I have a solution that has worked for years, is versatile, and I understand.

Do you have any experience with the rpms to which I'm referring? Do you
work with the same software I do?

well, considering you dont know much about the distro you are using, it
seems sort of academic to raise this question on your part.
Considering that you don't know much about the software I use, I think you should consider refraining from commenting on my questions. Unless you have something constructive to say rather than make insults.

Regards,

Kurt Hansen