Re: [CentOS] PERL module woes

Johnny Hughes wrote:

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 17:17 -0400, Kurt Hansen wrote:
Jim Perrin wrote:

In fact, the quality of the perl-related rpms from Red Hat is
the main reason I'm not using RHEL and using CentOS

You choose not to use RHEL / CentOS, yet you are giving expert advice.
No, I use CentOS. I don't use RHEL.

Your logic is confusing to me. It does not resemble what I would
consider to be rational thought.
Is this the kind of rhetoric that is acceptable on this list? There is no value to your comment except to insult.

Do you have any experience with the rpms to which I'm referring? Do you work with the same software I do?

Jim Perrin is a CentOS admin ... so I would say he has a little bit of
experience with this issue ... YES :)

Installing perl modules from CPAN absolute worst possible solution and
should be used only as the absolute last resort.

Or, maybe you know more about this distro that the people who make it?
It appears that I know more about mod_perl than the people who make CentOS or the RH distributions.

Look, I just started using CentOS a few months back. I try to make a helpful suggestion, to take some of the load off other people, for the first time, and I get insulted.

Is that how you get people to help out on this project?

The people who have direct experience with using perl on this thread have seemed to support my view.

Plus, it appears only the folks with perl experience are the ones who are actually trying to answer the original poster's question. Neither you nor Jim Perrin have provided an answer that can solve his problem.

Regards,

Kurt Hansen