Re: [CentOS] Load Balancing -- advanced mysql replication

Vincent Knecht wrote:
Le Mercredi 24 Mai 2006 22:03, Jure Pečar a écrit :

On Wed, 24 May 2006 11:04:49 -0700

Dan Trainor <dan.trainor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Honestly, I've not started playing with MySQL until 5.0, and more
recently, 5.1 - so I cannot answer that.  However, this may be
documented in MySQL's manual (or someone else might be able to chime in)

Master-slave was kinda working back in the 3.23.5x days and is working ok
in 4.0 and 4.1. Master-master is still new, introduced in 5.0 I belive and
I haven't played with it yet.

Just a pointer to a interesting article/howto mentionned in the MySQL
newsletter I just received:
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2006/04/20/advanced-mysql-replication.html

Also an occasion to ask people to customize the subject when "digressing", so
that both original poster and archive searchers find what they want more
easily ;-)

TIA

That article is immensely helpful.  I'm working on this right now for a pair of webservers and it seems to work well.  I can't say yet how well it performs etc. as it's not in a live environment yet.  I'm still testing and working on it.
Mike

http://www.eset.com