Re: [CentOS] Load Balancing

Mace Eliason wrote:
Hi,

We are starting a new project, and are trying to decide the best way to proceed. We want to setup a LAMP configuration using Centos, something we have been doing in the past with great success.

The question is load balancing. We antisipate the potential for the system to receive 500,000 requests/ day with in the next year. We want to plan for that extra load now as we start the project. What would you suggest for setups for multiple servers for redundancy and load balancing?

I have setup MySQL replication and that works fine but what about the rest of the system. I know it is quite simple to setup with windows 2003 server.

Would a cluster be the way to go? Ideally we would like 2-? severs setup that are all identical and sharing the load as need be, and if one fails users would notice nothing.

I have also thought of just looking for a hosting company that offers load balancing servers and not worry about it but we like to have control.

Thanks for any suggestions

Perhaps this will help get you started:

http://www.howtoforge.com/high_availability_loadbalanced_apache_cluster

Cheers,