Re: [CentOS] Load Balancing

Hi,

Mace Eliason schrieb:
The question is load balancing. We antisipate the potential for the system to receive 500,000 requests/ day with in the next year. We want to plan for that extra load now as we start the project. What would you suggest for setups for multiple servers for redundancy and load balancing?
For a customer of ours we're managing a dedicated cluster with about 10.000.000 Hits/Day hitting the webservers (currently 5 running CentOS/LAMP). Loadbalancing is done by a set of reverse squid's acting as caches for static content also (round about 70% of all hits are handled by squid without bothering the webservers).

We're quite happy with this setup at the moment. By now Database-Load is handled by only one DB-Server (with manual failover).

 [...]
I have also thought of just looking for a hosting company that offers load balancing servers and not worry about it but we like to have control.
In my opinion this is only a matter of negotiation with your hosting company - but sure this is dependent on how much control you want to have ;-)

--
Greetings from "good old germany"
 Michael Metz