Re: No suspend after update

On Wed, Feb 21, 2024 at 10:40 PM Michel Lind <salimma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Rebooted back into 388 and it's running fine again.
> >
> > So it looks like my stability is getting worse for me with each update ...
> >
> > I'm getting worried about hanging onto 388.
> >
> The currently booted kernel will never get swapped out when you are
> updating, so this should not be a concern. Have you reported your issues
> on JIRA though?

Well it just happened with 388 too. Coming out of suspend (power
button), the network didn't come up. Tried gracefully closing
terminals and logging out but it hanged up. After about 5 minutes
Wayland did log out but then it got really hard stuck (no mouse or
keyboard) on some kind of half-baked gdm screen. Had to hold the power
button down for a while. Come up ok back into 388 ok.

Here's /var/log/messages starting from previous suspend. Trouble
starts around first 15:50:05 timestamp.

  https://www.ioplex.com/~miallen/CentOSSuspendFailLenovoT14-03-15-2024.txt

Names have been changed to protect the guilty. I'm going to remove
this after a day or so so download it now if you're interested.

Hopefully it helps someone figure out what's going on.

I'm not doing anything exotic. I don't have lots of crap installed.
I'm not watching videos or listening to tunes. Just coding java over
NFS in terminators.

Do you have a link to instructions for posting to Jira? I've been
writing C and Java since the 1900's so I might actually be able to get
the diagnostics you really want.

Mike