Re: where is glib-devl x86-64?

well, I'm still confused.

sudo dnf install glib2-devel says it is already installed.

running autogen.sh for resynthesizer outputs:

$ ./autogen.sh

I am testing that you have the required versions of autoconf,
automake, glib-gettextize and intltoolize...

checking for autoconf >= 2.54 ... yes (version 2.69)
checking for automake >= 1.6 ... yes (version 1.16.2)
checking for glib-gettextize >= 2.0.0 ... yes (version 2.68.4)
checking for intltool >= 0.17 ... yes (version 0.51.0)

I am going to run ./configure with the following arguments:

  --enable-maintainer-mode

If you wish to pass additional arguments, please specify them
on the ./autogen.sh command line or set the AUTOGEN_CONFIGURE_ARGS
environment variable.

Copying file po/Makefile.in.in

Please add the files
  codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4
  progtest.m4
from the /usr/share/aclocal directory to your autoconf macro directory
or directly to your aclocal.m4 file.
You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.

checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking whether make supports the include directive... yes (GNU style)
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether gcc understands -c and -o together... yes
checking for library containing strerror... none required
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking whether gcc understands -c and -o together... (cached) yes
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking whether gcc understands -c and -o together... (cached) yes
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /usr/bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... yes
checking for GIMP... no
configure: error: *GIMP development libraries not found*; please install.

Configure failed or did not finish!

clearly I'm not smart enough to figure this out. one of you smart people
feel like offering further advice?

PS:
oh, there is also a glib2.pc file in /usr/lib64/pkgconfig.

$ ls -l /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/glib-2*
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 444 May 16  2022 /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/glib-2.0.pc

cat /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/glib-2.0.pc:

prefix=/usr
libdir=${prefix}/lib64
includedir=${prefix}/include

bindir=${prefix}/bin
glib_genmarshal=${bindir}/glib-genmarshal
gobject_query=${bindir}/gobject-query
glib_mkenums=${bindir}/glib-mkenums

Name: GLib
Version: 2.68.4
Requires.private: libpcre >=  8.31, sysprof-capture-4 >=  3.38.0
Libs: -L${libdir} -lglib-2.0
Libs.private: -pthread -lm
Cflags: -I${includedir}/glib-2.0 -I${libdir}/glib-2.0/include