Re: Mount removed raid disk back on same machine as original raid

Once upon a time, Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey@xxxxxxx> said:
> What is going to happen when I try to mount a drive that the system
> thinks is part of an existing array?

I don't _think_ anything special will happen - md RAID doesn't go
actively looking for drives like that AFAIK.  And RAID 1 means you
should be able to ignore RAID and just access the contents directly.

However, the contents could still be a problem.  If LVM was in use on
it, that will be a problem, because LVM does auto-probe and will react
when it sees the same UUID (IIRC LVM will only block access to the newly
seen drive).  I don't think any filesystems care (I know I've mounted
snapshots of ext4 and IIRC xfs on the same system, haven't touched
btrfs).

--
Chris Adams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx>