Mount removed raid disk back on same machine as original raid

I have a Centos 7 system with an mdraid array (raid 1).  I removed a drive from it a couple of months ago and replaced it with a new drive.  Now I want to recover some information from that old drive.

I know how to mount the drive, and have done so on another system to confirm that the information I want is there.

My question is this:

What is going to happen when I try to mount a drive that the system thinks is part of an existing array?

To put it another way:  I had two drives in md127.  I removed one (call it drive1), and replaced it with a new drive.  Some files were accidentally deleted from md127, so now I want to connect drive1 back to the same machine and mount it as a separate array from md127 so I can copy the files from drive1 back to md127.  What do I need to do to make that happen?

Thanks,

Bowie