Re: CentOS9 Stream - boinc client??

On 1/29/23 11:27, Philip Wyett wrote:
On Sun, 2023-01-29 at 09:58 -0600, Bill Gee wrote:
On 1/29/23 05:49, Philip Wyett wrote:
On Sun, 2023-01-29 at 09:16 +0000, Philip Wyett wrote:
Hi,

The ping comment on the bug report has be promptly dealt with by the maintainer and the build
for
EPEL9 has now been done and will in 7 days work through testing and then drop into EPEL9 for
all to
install.

I hope this is OK for you and dispels the concerns with regards community and how responsive
folks
within it are.

Regards

Phil

Oh, very nice!  Thank you Phil.  I appreciate random acts of senseless
kindness.  :-)

It will be interesting to see how dnf reacts when the el9 package for
boinc goes live.  Will dnf recognize it as an upgrade from the el8
package?  I will let the group know what happens.

Bill Gee

Hi,

The EPEL 8 version is boinc-client-7.20.2-1.el8 and the version submitted to EPEL 9 is
boinc-client-7.20.2-4.el9, so yes it will be seen as an upgrade once it passes out of testing.

Regards

Phil

As promised, I am sending an update on this. The EL9 package for boinc client has indeed appeared in the repositories. I ran "dnf upgrade" on the system last night, and it successfully pulled in the package as an upgrade to the EL8 package I installed a few weeks ago.

That closes out this issue. Thanks Phil for prodding the packaging process along.

Bill Gee