Re: C7, removing zoom problem

On Wed, 8 Feb 2023, Fred wrote:

I'm trying to build up the courage to do a full system upgrade to
Rocky.latest. I hate doing upgrades, it's such a pain in the rear to get
everything working again, and get all my tweaks back into place.

Getting all your configuration into ansible, puppet or the like is a bit of work but a real benefit when it's time to upgrade.

I despise
Gnome 3+, and prefer Mate. Someone (EPEL ??)  built Mate for C7, but the
existing binaries for C8 don't work very well, there are none that I know
of for  C9, and AFAIK Rocky is the only Centos clone that supports Mate.

I'm using Mate on Rocky 9 at work and on CentOS 8 stream on my laptop. Works fine for what I need.

--
Ian