Re: C7, removing zoom problem

I've made to move to Rocky 8 after it was released and there is support for MATE and if you prefer lightdm as a window manager.  It has some minor quirks, but all in all it works just fine. I've not tried it yet but there is also a Rocky 9 MATE live image available https://docs.rockylinux.org/en/guides/desktop/mate_installation/

Pete