Re: CentOS9 as VBox guest - kernel panic

There were no replies to this question. After digging in a bit, I found a way to make it work. I made two changes, and it is not clear whether one or the other - or both - were needed.

Change one - Upgrade to VirtualBox 7.0.6. Among the items listed in the changelog for this version is compatibility with RHEL 9 guests.

Change two - In the Settings - Basic screen of the guest I changed its type from "RedHat 64-bit" to "RHEL 9.x 64-bit."

The ISO for network install booted and ran through with no errors.

Hopefully others can benefit from my experience.

Bill Gee