Re: Centos Stream 9 module list

Il 2023-01-12 16:10 Josh Boyer ha scritto:
Modules are one of several packaging formats we have.  With CentOS
Stream 9/ RHEL 9, we took user and customer feedback on how the
default versions of software are packaged and determined that the
defaults should be normal RPMs.  Newer and alternative versions of
software will be delivered as modules in some cases, or as regular
RPMs with applicable versioning in others.

josh

Hi Josh,
can I ask the rationale behind this decision?

It seems "strange" to have some different version in the main repos, with versioned RPMs, and other in specific modules (which needs to be manually enabled).

Regards.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico