Re: Centos Stream 9 module list

On Thu, Jan 12, 2023 at 10:08 AM Jos Vos <jos@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I do "dnf module list --all" on CentOS Stream 8, I also see the
> stream versions installed by default, e.g. postgresql 10.
>
> But on CentOS Stream 9, I only see the newer stream version, like
> postgresql 15 and nodejs 18 (and not postgresql 13 and nodejs 16).
>
> Can anyone explain what's happening here?

Modules are one of several packaging formats we have.  With CentOS
Stream 9/ RHEL 9, we took user and customer feedback on how the
default versions of software are packaged and determined that the
defaults should be normal RPMs.  Newer and alternative versions of
software will be delivered as modules in some cases, or as regular
RPMs with applicable versioning in others.

josh