Re: Where can I find more information on the recent update to the 4.18.0-373 kernel

On 4/23/22 11:29, Kay Schenk wrote:
Thanks Johnny...

I did in fact use grub2-editenv 2 days ago thinking my elimination of the i915_alpha module on the 4.18.0-373 command line would permanently get rid of it. I was shocked when it seemed to come back.

and I note on --

https://www.golinuxcloud.com/update-grub2-grubby-grub2-editenv-rhel-8/

that grub2-mkconfig which I find easier has some issues ... 🙁

I'll try again.

Thanks.

grubby runs on a new kernel install .. so, maybe use that method so whatever grubby uses as default will be updated?