Re: vault.centos.org down

On 2022/03/01 6:00 p.m., Peter wrote:
On 2/03/22 12:36 pm, Nels Lindquist wrote:
On 2022/03/01 10:35 a.m., Simon Matter wrote:
On 2/28/22 23:46, Simon Matter wrote:
Yes, also mostly down for me. Some requests were answered but unable to
really use the site.

Is it just overloaded?  I've seen a few examples recently of people
building CentOS 8 containers by building repo definitions that reference
vault.  Naturally, I asked them to stop doing that...

If overload is the problem, I'd suggest that making the site *less*
reliable might eventually fix the problem.  In particular, dropping
requests for repomd.xml would probably shed a lot of load while still
giving human users access to package files.

In my case I was just trying with firefox to get some files and browsing
wasn't possible at all. Suddenly some pages were shown and then connection
was stuck again. However, currently it works fine for me.

I've been unable to access it at all for the past couple of days, either through a browser or yum.

There are working mirrors you can use:

https://mirror.rackspace.com/centos-vault/

Whatever the issue was, it appears to be resolved now. No issues with vault.

But thanks for that; I'll be sure to try the vault mirrors in future should this problem recur!

Nels Lindquist
----
<nlindq@xxxxxxx>