Re: vault.centos.org down

On 2/28/22 23:46, Simon Matter wrote:
Yes, also mostly down for me. Some requests were answered but unable to
really use the site.

Is it just overloaded?  I've seen a few examples recently of people building CentOS 8 containers by building repo definitions that reference vault.  Naturally, I asked them to stop doing that...

If overload is the problem, I'd suggest that making the site *less* reliable might eventually fix the problem.  In particular, dropping requests for repomd.xml would probably shed a lot of load while still giving human users access to package files.