Re: Ruby on Cent OS 8

Il 2021-11-15 16:03 Simon Matter ha scritto:
These figures are interesting but they can not be compared directly.
Oracle has its own EPEL repo and therefore I guess that the number here
shows only those who are using the official EPEL instead of the one
provided by Oracle. That said, I expect that the true number of Oracle
Linux installations is quite a bit higher than what we see here.

Personal note: I am currently using Rocky, but I am very tempted by Oracle Linux also. It has working secure boot and a proven update track record (with security metadata for yum, which Rocky only recently started providing). It also has an officially supported upgrade path between major releases. The only thing stopping my adoption is Oracle "the company". But, maybe, it is an irrational fear...

That aside, can I ask how is the EPEL-8 situation now? I remember that one years ago many packages were missing compared to, say, EPEL-7. Is the current situation better?

Regards.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico