Re: Centos versions in the future?

There's also Alma, which is where I've gone after being with CentOS since 5.3

On 07/07/2021 10:44, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
On 30/4/2021 7:27 μ.μ., Gionatan Danti wrote:

The correct answer is to buy RH: fine. But do not let Stream touch anything which require a kABI compatible modules. As said above, the Stream move is squarely addresses *cloud* vendor requests and needs. Again, fine. But please leave apart the RH comparison, this is not going to help Stream.

Again, don't let me wrong: I wishes the best to Stream, and I will use it where appropriate. But "where" is much smaller today than yesterday. But this aside, I really thank you all CentOS maintainer for your monumental work, and I really hope Stream will be a success.

I re-visit this thread, since it is crucial for CentOS 8 users.

RESF / Rocky Linux is gaining worldwide recognition and sets itself as the primary organization / platform to become the CentOS 8 heir / successor in the future.

Google and Microsoft become RESF sponsors/partners:

    https://rockylinux.org/news/community-update-june-2021/

And so IBM/RH lose the tremendous advantage they had by owning the CentOS project, which - it seems - never evaluated correctly.

From now on, it is clear that hundreds of thousands of CentOS installations will be migrating to Rocky Linux.

I also wish the best of success to CentOS Stream, but this is not what the CentOS community expected.

My 2c.
Nick