Re: RHEL changes

On 25/01/2021 20:05, Marc Balmer via CentOS wrote:

Am 25.01.2021 um 17:04 schrieb Johnny Hughes <johnny@xxxxxxxxxx>:

I mean, I get it, some people are very upset with the new way CentOS is
being done.  And obviously people get to think what they think.  But
when this was announced, it was also announced that RHEL was going to be
opened up early in Q1 of 2021 (which has happened and is still happening).

So where is the option to install a RHEL system at a customer site, like I was
able with CentOS?

Unless I'm misunderstanding Red Hat's offer of 16 free licenses, I'm assuming you can install free RHEL for the customer, and that will form one of their (your customer's) 16 free entitlements. Unless your customer needs more than 16 free entitlements?

I'm assuming your customer has the relationship with Red Hat and entitlement to 16 free copies, and you are their sub-contracted IT professional responsible for installation and maintaining / supporting that installation.

Obviously if your customer requires in excess of 16 copies, this offer from Red Hat is not going to work for them, or you.