Re: How to reset the USB subsystem?

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 12:18:10PM -0500, Fred wrote:
from a non-expert (me):

possibly figure out what happens when the device is plugged/unplugged and
doing that by hand. if you can find the udev file(s) that manage the
port(s) that get hung you may be able to figure out what those steps would
be.

or you could try, when hung, plugging it into a different USB port... some
motherboards have multiple USB controllers, so even if one gets wedged
tight, the other one(s) shouldn't be.

Good Luck!

Fred