Re: How to reset the USB subsystem?

On 1/14/21 8:01 PM, H wrote:
22 ProStream video camera working on my Lenovo Thinkstation running CentOS 7. The BIOS was updated and the motherboard was replaced to no avail.

I could then confirm that the camera worked fine if I booted Ubuntu Live, hence no hardware issue with the computer, nor the camera which by the way worked fine on a laptop also running CentOS 7.

Since the USB subsystem did not recognize the camera when plugged in I reported this as a kernel/USB subsystem bug to RedHat. For some reason they made the bug private and I have not heard any more about it being worked on...

Howewer, two or so weeks ago I stumbled across https://zedt.eu/tech/linux/restarting-usb-subsystem-centos/ and used this procedure to reset the USB subsystem. This gets the camera working - most of the time...

The OP may want to try the same thing.

Thanks a bunch.  I'll try this when the printer USB port goes dead again.

Cheers
Frank

--

<listfrank1@xxxxxxxxx>