Re: CentOS 8 future

On 12/15/20 10:24 AM, Tom Bishop wrote:
On Tue, Dec 15, 2020, 11:06 AM Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't think there will be a course change either, but for different
reasons. The motivation isn't "cashing/selling out". It's... actually the
stated motivation
https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/faq-centos-stream-updates#Q2

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I know you and other RHEL folks keep saying this about cashing out etc, but
they could have kept stream and Centos stable at the same time but chose
not to. Ya know, if it walks like a duck and quacks as a duck...who knows
maybe this goes down as one of the best decisions ever for RH but I think
its going to hurt them in more ways then they ever thought about.

I think you are exactly on target there with your thoughts. IBM looks after their investors and their customers, they never really cared about "personal computing" (pun intended), nor small business computing, and evidently, as history shows, suck at it when they made an attempt or two.