Re: CentOS Stream from bottom works, what is this?

Am 10.12.20 um 18:09 schrieb Matthew Miller:
On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 05:02:17PM +0000, Bernstein, Noam CIV USN NRL (6393) Washington DC (USA) via CentOS wrote:
That's my understanding, iff you automatically install all CentOS stream
updates the moment they become available. But I still don't see why nearly
no one is going for the idea that there be some way (ideally automated) to
tag all the packages at the point of the RedHat release, and install only
those from Stream once the RHEL release is ready?

Yeah, I have some sysadmin friends already working on exactly this for their
deployment in a large-scale academic setting.

Will we know that point in time everytime before releasing? Because on release day the Stream repo is already a step forward. Albeit when this
works then the situation are more worse then with CentOS Linux release
work and the time shift compared to RHEL release. Why? Because 6 month updates are accumulated and not installed? Even cherry-picking is crazy. The audience here needs something different - but this was already stated elsewhere!

--
Leon