Re: NetworkManager on servers

Le 13/02/2020 à 17:50, Stephen John Smoogen a écrit :
In the end, the problem is that NetworkManager, FirewallD, and other
'automatic' helpers are 'part' of the OS.. and while it was easy to tear
them out in earlier versions.. as time goes on it is not.

For a car analogy, it was much easier to convert any 1970 car from
automatic back to manual as many parts were left over. Now in this era, you
can do so if you pick the right car but for a lot of them it is not going
to be easy in any form. I see the same trends in computer OS's with certain
tools which were easy to pull out now requiring you to build the whole os
from scratch as the part is assumed to be in so many other areas.

I'm currently in the process of making peace with NetworkManager, FirewallD, etc. and adopting them on my servers.

Here's a start :

  * https://www.microlinux.fr/networkmanager-centos-rhel-1/

Cheers,

Niki