Re: Anyone with RedHat Subscription?

On 02/07/2019 14:28, Jason Pyeron wrote:
This is kinda of why it makes sense to purchase at least one license.

I would start with a loop back test on both ends. Dirty ports happen.

Did you grab the most recent version of ethtool and build it?

OK, so this is a third party product that is built on Centos/RHEL, the product provider does not allow us to install/modify stuff. So we're stuck with the tools on the system and cannot make/build modifications on it, so in fact we have no Centos nor RedHat in this environment, so I was just curious to hear upstream's view on what a possible solution might be.

We have a plan to do many things as part of the diagnosis, but I'm currently performing an information gathering exercise to discern the other of our future steps.

I have received an answer to my query that the optical RX/TX inforrmation is only available on RHEL 7 and not on RHEL 6. We will therefore look to boot this host into diagnostic mode for further troubleshooting.

-----Original Message-----
From: CentOS <centos-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Giles Coochey
Sent: Tuesday, July 2, 2019 9:19 AM
To: CentOS mailing list <centos@xxxxxxxxxx>

Does Anyone with a RedHat subscription able to give a hint as to what
the solution to the following knowledgebase article is:

https://access.redhat.com/solutions/2801051

I'm having a similar issue with an SFP on a Centos host, and am
searching for a way to view Optical RX/TX Power on the SFP.

  From the switch side, I'm not seeing any RX Power from the Centos host.

Thanks in advance

Giles