Re: Install CentOS 7 over serial port on router board ?

On Fri, 16 Mar 2018, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:

I have to install CentOS 7 for a client, to act as cache & filtering
proxy using Squid.

I'd like to use this piece of specialized hardware :

http://store.calexium.com/fr/systeme-pre-assemble/869-systeme-pre-assemble-rackmatrix-apu-amd-gx-412tc-quatre-coeurs-1-ghz.html

There is no VGA or HDMI video output, just a serial port to connect to,
and then three NICs and two USB ports.

I've never installed CentOS over a serial console, so I don't even know
if it's possible in the first place. Has anyone ever done something like
that ?

Any suggestions ?

Kickstart, and do a non-interactive install.  That's always my preferred
route.

serial, as you've already had suggested.

Set anaconda to provide vnc, then connect to the vncserver
and install using the normal graphical installer just like you would on a
default install.

jh