Re: Install CentOS 7 over serial port on router board ?

On 16/03/18 12:57, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
Hi,

I have to install CentOS 7 for a client, to act as cache & filtering
proxy using Squid.

I'd like to use this piece of specialized hardware :

http://store.calexium.com/fr/systeme-pre-assemble/869-systeme-pre-assemble-rackmatrix-apu-amd-gx-412tc-quatre-coeurs-1-ghz.html

There is no VGA or HDMI video output, just a serial port to connect to,
and then three NICs and two USB ports.

I've never installed CentOS over a serial console, so I don't even know
if it's possible in the first place. Has anyone ever done something like
that ?

Any suggestions ?
You should look up installing Centos over a serial console, I believe you should be able to change the install parameters for netinstall to provide a console on the serial port.

Failing that have you considered installing Centos to the mSATA disk on a different system and then just transplanting the built system into this appliance?

Niki