Re: Installation on Knights Landing (KNL) machines failure

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017, m.roth@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

<RANT>
YES. I was unable to build my four nodes using PXEboot, because the damn
thing won't take what it's given, and won't skip to the default target. It
INSISTS (ok, it is in the RFC, but...) on trying its MAC, or maybe it's
the UUID, I disremember, and spends *MINUTES - 4? 5? then tries again by
shortening it by one char, and again, and again, and by the time it tries
default, it's literally FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER, and the tftp/pxe has timed
out.
</RANT>

Mark,

I haven't faced the slow iterations you're seeing, but I sometimes use a shell script I wrote for naming PXE configuration files on per-IPv4 bases:

  https://github.com/heinlein/pxehex

I don't know if it will help in your case, but I thought I'd pass it along.

--
Paul Heinlein
heinlein@xxxxxxxxxx