Re: Errors on an SSD drive

On 08/10/2017 10:31 AM, m.roth@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:
On 08/09/2017 10:44 PM, mad.scientist.at.large@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
what file system are you using?  ssd drives have different
characteristics that need to be accomadated (including a relatively slow
write process which is obvious as soon as the buffer is full), and
never, never put a swap partition on it, the high activity will wear it
out rather quickly.  might also check cables, often a problem
particularly if they are older sata cables being run at a possibly
higher than rated speed.
When working with a Cubieboard SoC (or most of the other armv7 boards),
you tend to have everything hanging out:
http://medon.htt-consult.com/~rgm/cubieboard/cubietower-2.JPG

I have checked the cables and they are all tight.

in any case, reformating it might not be a bad idea, and you can always
use the command line program badblocks to exercise and test it.
I will have to look into that.

Here's a thought: I've not done this, but could you use smartctl to check
the drive?

Other than the 17K output from smartctl -x, what do you recommend?