Re: looking for graphing tools

On 6/20/2017 1:27 AM, Pete Biggs wrote:
I can figure out some simple scripting to turn the maillog entries
into times since the epoch, or other formats, if needed, but I have
no experience with the various graphing tools availabe, or even
what (or where) they are.

If you are talking about scripting graphs, then Gnuplot is what you
need - it's in the core centos distro I think.

If you want a dedicated gui graphing application, then you can't go far
wrong with Grace - it's in EPEL. I've used it for producing publication
quality plots but it's equally capable of dealing with everyday
graphing. The native save file format is simple and plain text, so it's
quite easy to generate the files using a script which can then be read
straight in to grace and will have correct axes, lables, etc.

another tool i've used for creating various sorts of graphs is Gnu Octave. this is a matlab replacement, and if you can import a bunch of numbers, you can graph them 8 ways from sideways.