Re: C7, systemd, say what?!

On 06/07/2017 11:24 AM, James Hogarth wrote:

Mark stop with the flame baiting please.

This is nothing systemd specific - and keep in mind /var/tmp is a
persistent temp area unlike /tmp which as it's tmpfs by default is of
course emptie don boot.
I would wholeheartedly disagree. This IS something systemd specific. I have never seen init.d blow itself up over bloody symlinks. The readahead, while /possibly/ nice isn't at all necessary on modern hardware. I want my hardware to boot consistently, not bomb like an Adam Sandler movie because of /symlinks/.

But hey, call it flamebait if you want. I'd be willing to bet a year's salary most admins hate systemd with a passion.