Re: Need help getting two NICs to work on CentOS 7

On 11/16/2016 07:33 AM, Sean Son wrote:
No matter how many times I
restart the NetworkManager-dispatcher service, if I reboot the system, and
run a systemctl status NetworkManager-dispatcher.service, the service shows
as Inactive (Dead) even though it has been enabled.

That's normal. It's a dbus-invoked service. You don't need to manually enable it. It runs a command when it's invoked, and then terminates. There isn't a daemon process associated with the service.

Also whenever I
reboot the VM, after logging into the GUI, I get a pop up that says failed
to activate network connection , yet I still have network connectivity.
Any ideas on what I can do to fix these things?

Not really. The log might tell you why it thinks an interface wasn't successfully enabled.

   Also overall, because I am
using a static IP config for both NICs, is it better to just disable
NetworkManager and use network scripts instead?

Not generally. If you find the old network service works better for your use case, it's available. I use it on a small number of hosts where NM bugs interfere with normal operation, but I'm waiting for the 7.3 updates (where NM has been rebased to a newer version) to see if I can stop doing that.