Re: .htaccess file

On 2016-08-30, TE Dukes <tdukes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> You and another poster mentioned fail2ban; if you can get that configured
>> watch and protect both sshd and httpd that will help both problems quite a
>> bit.
>
> I have all the jails setup for the services I'm running. Not sure its
> working. Not getting any emails.

Check your logs.  fail2ban probably keeps a log of what it's doing, and
you can also check the appropriate fail2ban targets (either iptables,
/etc/hosts.deny, the Apache config file) to see if they are being
populated.  You certainly should see something; if you don't it's a
likely misconfiguration.

--keith

--
kkeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx