Re: heads up: /boot space on kernel upgrade

On 2/13/2016 12:19 PM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
It is interesting to observe how perceptions are changing over time.
Decade or two ago we were partitioning small then drives (thus loosing
some of the space) just to separate regular users from those places vital
for secure and reliable running of the system. Security. There days I bet
there will be multiple experts who will bag me to death if I will try to
offer any pro partitioning argument. This is just a very interesting (for
me) observation.

I still like making /home its own file system, and if I'm running a substantial (non-trivial) database server, it also has its own volume, quite likely on its own raid.