Re: How to get UEFI setting by shell?

On 1/22/2016 3:42 PM, Gordon Messmer wrote:
On 01/22/2016 02:38 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
for that matter, what about a VM running on a service like Amazon AWS (or pick your virtual server environment) ? AWS provides a remote console, doesn't it?

AWS doesn't offer UEFI Secure Boot, so I'm not sure how that's relevant.

It seems like you're reaching for criticisms of mokutil because you don't like it, rather than because there is a demonstrable problem with it.

yeah, I just realized, duh, secureboot on a VM is not an issue at all, so never mind all that.

I do think the whole secureboot thing is a bad idea on a general purpose computer system, seems like an attempt at creating product lock in and turning the x86 PC into an appliance, which it really isn't.