Re: routing with 2 public ips

On 12/30/2015 12:44 AM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
"I want that the request of incoming traffic dont use the default gateway. Incoming traffic sould be answered using the gateway of the incoming device "

I'm sorry but I have been following this thread for a while and everything that Gordon (and I mentioned in my first post) is accurate. This is a routing problem not a NATing problem. Even if it can be handled via NATing (which I serious doubt) it would require ridiculous server resources which are not necessary. Please look at our links carefully, This problem is simply handled by proper routing rules. Whether those are implemented via my suggested generic linux rules or via the Redhat specific rules Gordon suggested that is the proper way to handle the problem. I too am puzzled by what you are trying to do here otherwise.

And just for the record I have a server with two interfaces on the same broadcast network and did exactly what I showed in the link I sent and got exactly what I wanted. From this single sentence you seem to want to do what either Gordon or I suggested in the links we sent. Why do you insist on playing with iptables when that is not the proper tool for this job?

--
Paul (ganci@xxxxxxxxxx)
Cell: (303)257-5208