[SOLVED... prolly] Re: "installation source" specification for netinstall

On 12/15/2015 09:37 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
This one works:

http://mirrors.mit.edu/centos/7/os/x86_64/

I know because I/ve used it for net installs twice in the last
week or two,  most recently a Thursday of last week.

>Believe me, I  wish it  did  work.  I've been at this stupid
>specification which should be easy and done over with hours ago.
>But it doesn't work.
I agreee that it would be nice to have some better doc on how to
choose the URL for a net install, I've stumbled around in the dark
at times past trying to figure it out, too.

but it definitely DOES work if you get the URL right (and if you have
your networking set up correctly, and the mirror isn't broken, and...,
and..., etc.).

Fred

After setting up again another the next morning (yesterday), mit didn't work either. The networking was set up alright-- the third time setting up everything for the third time, and, after all, the configuration page confirmed networking. What could be wrong? Well, I went back into the networking config page and saw it was actually all wrong. It didn't for some reason didn't even change the configuration I put in even after clicking on "Done" (several times). Apparently, 'networking connection' to this setup page must have understood to that to mean only TCP/IP level 2 connection to the AP... yes, it could talk to the AP, but not make an actual to the network. At this point I couldn't trust netinstall anymore, wiped it, and yesterday burned and loaded and installed a LiveCD.

Days ago, when wrestling with repos setting up, it occurred to me it would be nice for the app to have a small console in it, something which could be used to confirm (by hand) networking was correct and that URLs were there and active... it would be simple. Apparently it's a bad idea for some reason to make any improvements over what comes from upstream. (Sigh.)

Thanks, Fred, for the tip. I'll augment your tip: don't believe it when the netinstall configuration says it's (allegedly) correctly configured.