Re: Off Topic - SSL reverse proxy and Mixed Content

On 09/30/2015 08:22 PM, Clint Dilks wrote:
I have a site that I want to work behind a reverse proxy (httpd) if using
http:// everything works as expected.  If using https:// some content is
displayed but some content is blocked because of stylesheets and etc being
requested via http rather https.

I know that the long term solution should be to get all code changed so
that it references
//myserver/resource or /resource rather than http://myserver/resource but
is there anything I can do with httpd to get this working until these
changes are made ?

I don't think so. It sounds like the "block" you're describing is client-side. Your browser, by default, may block mixed content.

Otherwise, if you have working reverse proxies for http and https, there shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for any suggestions.  Below is my current VirtualHost config

    ProxyRequests On
    ProxyPreserveHost On
    ProxyTimeout 300
     <Proxy *>
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
     </Proxy>

That is a severe security problem. In a reverse proxy setup, ProxyRequests should be off, and the Proxy allow/deny section isn't needed at all.